From Temporary Storage, Transit Declarations and Above
Digicust's Dexter IDP provides an automated, streamlined process for handling customs clearance, including import declarations from temporary storage and transit declarations. This wiki entry provides an in-depth look at this specific use-case, emphasizing the technical aspects of Digicust's intelligent and automated workflow.
Let's go through this unique workflow step-by-step:
- 1.Receipt of Temporary Storage and Transit Declarations: The process starts when the client forwards temporary storage and transit declarations to the Digicust platform. These documents could be in different formats, including PDF, email text, etc. The platform can handle multiple document types at the same time, reducing the need for individual processing.
- 2.Intelligent Document Processing (IDP): Dexter IDP reads and comprehends the information in the forwarded documents, just like a human would do. It extracts vital data from these documents, which include details related to goods descriptions, quantities, prices, and more, necessary for completing the customs declarations.
- 3.Temporary Storage Processing: The IDP identifies and processes the data linked to temporary storage. This data is crucial to ensure the accurate tracking and handling of goods in temporary storage and in calculating potential duties and taxes.
- 4.Transit Declarations Processing: Similarly, data from transit declarations are also processed. This includes transit routing details, goods descriptions, consignor and consignee information, and more. This processing ensures that all transit data is accounted for in the final import declaration.
- 5.Use of Master Data: If the client has master data for the products, Digicust integrates this into the process. The use of master data ensures consistency and accelerates the process of generating the customs declaration.
- 6.Tariff Classification: When master data is not available, Digicust uses its automated tariff classification system, Taric. This system identifies the appropriate tariff numbers from the goods description, ensuring accuracy in the classification process.
- 7.Creation of Import Declaration: After all relevant data has been processed and classified, Digicust's no-code automation platform creates the import declaration. This platform allows the creation of custom rules, providing a flexible and adaptable solution according to each client's unique requirements.
- 8.Delivery: Finally, Digicust sends the completed import declaration to the client's end system. This step enables seamless integration and transfer of data, ensuring smooth operations for the client.
Digicust's automated solutions for import declarations from temporary storage and transit declarations simplifies and streamlines a traditionally complex process. Its combination of intelligent document processing, master data integration, and automated tariff classification provides a fast, accurate, and efficient way of handling customs clearance.
By transforming unstructured data into actionable insights, Digicust continues to revolutionize customs clearance processes, leading the charge in digital transformation within this field.